Dental veneers can be made from composite materials or porcelain. Porcelain resists stains better than resin and looks more natural. On the other hand Resin veneers are thinner and require removal of less of the tooth surface before they are placed.
Veneers offer the following advantages:
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- Ceramic veneers are stain resistant.
- Veneers are a stronger, more aesthetic alternative to crowns.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected
Getting a dental veneer usually requires three trips- one for a consultation and two to make and apply the veneers.
- During the first appointment we examine your teeth to make sure dental veneers are appropriate for you and discuss what the procedure will involve and some of its limitations. We sometimes take Xrays and make impressions of your mouth and teeth.
- At the second visit we prepare your tooth for a veneer by removing about 0.5millimeter of enamel from the tooth surface. This will be replaced by the veneer to be added. This is usually done with a local anesthetic to numb the area.
- Next, we make a model or impression of your tooth which we send out to a dental laboratory for the construction of the veneer. This usually takes about 2-3 weeks
- On the third visit we cement the veneer to your tooth. Before the dental veneer is permanently cemented to your tooth, it is trimmed to achieve the proper fit. Here we adjust the veneer color with the shade of cement to be used. Next, we roughen the tooth to allow for a strong bonding process.
- A special cement is applied to the veneer and the veneer is then placed on your tooth.
- Then we apply a special light beam to the dental veneer, which activates chemicals in the cement causing it to harden quickly.
- The final steps involve removing any excess cement, evaluating your bite and making any final adjustments in the veneer as necessary.
Ceramic Veneers in Wantirna South
Are you ready to transform your smile with ceramic veneers? Here at Dr. Sachdeva’s Dental Surgery, we create premium quality ceramic veneers for your amazing smile makeover. If you desire to change your smile with ceramic veneers, book an appointment with us today at Dr. Sachdeva’s Dental Surgery.
At Dr. Sachdeva’s Dental Surgery, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers. For more information, visit our special offers page.