Conventionally, full dentures are of the removable type.
However, with recent advances, they can be supported or fixed into the jaws through placement of Dental Implants
There are many reasons why one looses all their teeth and becomes edentulous.
As A General Rule
- Full dentures improve self-esteem.
- Word-pronunciation becomes greatly improved with full dentures enabling one to speak more effectively.
- Full dentures improve aesthetics due to support of facial tissues. Wearing full dentures to replace teeth that are missing provides cheeks and lips support and correct the appearance of a collapsed face that occurs after teeth are lost.
- Full dentures improve your ability to be able to chew your food better.
- Full Dentures prevent your face from looking ‘collapsed’ as these provide the necessary support for gums and cheeks.
- Full dentures prevent you from having to eat only soft food, since you will be able to retain fully functional teeth due to getting the dentures. As a result you will be able to enjoy a full diet that consists of all the food groups including meat, chicken and fish.
- Full dentures prevent you from ever having to deal with dental caries again. You will also not have to deal with tooth decay issues, gum disease, receding gums or bacterial infections in-between teeth.
The Process of Getting New Dentures
Generally, getting dentures takes 2 to 4 dental appointments. You will see your dentist first for an initial consultation. The dentist will make recommendations about your suitability and the type of denture required for your case.
During the first appointment, the dentist will get accurate impressions of your teeth. The impressions will be sent to the dental lab. The laboratory will create a custom tray, which will be used to make a more precise mould of your teeth in wax. This will be used to create your final dentures.
Once the dentures are made, it will be fitted. Your dentist will assess the comfort and fit. Tips and instructions will also be provided on how to take care of your new dentures properly.
State-Of-The-Art Work On Dentures In Wantirna South
With modern dentistry, your doctors at Dr. Sachdeva’s Dental Surgery can restore your perfect smile using high-quality dentures and other tooth replacement solutions. Don’t let tooth loss depreciates the quality of your life. We have the solution you need for your smile concerns.
At Dr. Sachdeva’s Dental Surgery, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers. For more information, visit our special offers page.