Dental Crowns Wantirna South
Crowns may be made of ceramic or a metal base covered with a thin layer of ceramic. This layer matches the colour of your teeth giving the decayed tooth a normal, healthy look. Crowns for the teeth in the back of the mouth may be made of gold.
Why are crowns done?
A crown is used to:
- Treat teeth that have broken or decayed so much that they cannot be fixed with a filling
- Improve how a tooth looks.
- Cover a tooth where most of the top part had to be removed.
- Repair a defective filling.
We sometimes use Crowns after Root Canal Treatment to seal the tooth and prevent it from breaking.
How is the procedure carried out?
Generally, this procedure is carried out in two visits.
- During your first visit to your Wantirna South dentist, we remove the decay and make an impression of your teeth to create a mould for making the crown. The mould is sent to a dental laboratory where the crown is prepared. The tooth is covered with a temporary crown until your permanent crown is ready
- During your second visit, the temporary crown is removed and the permanent crown is cemented to the damaged tooth. If necessary the crown will be reshaped and polished
Dental Crowns in Wantirna South
We are located at 287 Stud Road in Wantirna South.