Brushing and flossing are not enough to remove plaque and tartar build-up. Only a professional scale and clean at your dentist’s office can do that.
A professional dental clean removes soft and hard plaque and stains that cannot be removed with regular toothbrushing at home.
Scaling and cleaning prevent the development of tooth decay and periodontal disease and is recommended every six months.
Benefits of Scale and Clean
Brighter and shinier teeth
Calculus can build up on your teeth over time. A scale and clean removes all calculus before polishing your teeth, removing some surface stains.
Better gum health
Calculus in uncleaned teeth contains infection-causing bacteria, and removing it reduces your risk of periodontal diseases.
After having your teeth cleaned, you will notice that your mouth feels extremely clean, and your breath smells extra fresh.
Protect your general health
Gum disease has been associated with many health conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, dementia and certain cancers. A professional scale and clean from your dentist is an effortless way to reduce your risk of any disease.
Preventive dental care is cheaper
It’s cheaper preventing dental diseases than treating and attending regular hygiene appointments which reduce your dental bills.
You might need a scale and clean if you…
- have plaque or calculus on your teeth
- want to take preventive measures to take care of your teeth
- have stained/discoloured teeth due to smoking and using tobacco products
- have stained/discoloured teeth from drinks such as coffee, tea or red wine
- have TMJ disorder and other jaw joint problems
Scale and Clean Procedure
At Dr Sachdeva’s dental clinic, you will get custom teeth cleaning and scaling that is usually completed in an hour. The procedure includes the following steps:
- Before starting the scale and clean, your Wantirna South dentist will perform a dental check-up to make sure that you don’t have any serious dental issues.
- After the check-up, an ultrasonic cleaning equipment is used to get through the pockets and areas below the gumline to remove plaque. This equipment can reach all the hard-to-reach areas when brushing.
- Your Wantirna South dentist will scale and clean the top jaw – both front and back – bottom jaw – front and back – to complete the process. This ensures no areas are left without scaling and cleaning.
- You will also receive a fluoride treatment and a gum check-up together with scaling and cleaning.
- You can opt for a root planing after scaling so your gums can be reattached to your teeth.
During the root planing, your tooth surfaces are smoothened by your Wantirna South dentist, which allows the gum tissue to heal and reattach to your teeth.
Your Wantirna South dentist may advise you to do a special dental routine to promote quick healing.
Root planing may need an additional visit and need to administer a local anaesthetic to numb the area.
Scale and Clean in Wantirna South
Keep your teeth clean and healthy, with a professional scale and clean. Make an appointment today!
To know more about the dental scale and clean, ask your Wantirna South dentist.
Wantirna South dentist also serves the local communities in Knox City, Boronia, Bayswater, Scoresby, Rowville, Ferntree Gully, Vermont, Vermont South, Burwood, Burwood East, Ringwood, Ringwood East, and Wantirna.
Call us at (03) 9800 2338. We are located at 87 Stud Road in Wantirna South.