An overbite is when your front teeth overlap the teeth below them.
In most cases, the upper and lower jawbones aren’t the same size or are misaligned.
Whatever the reason, misalignments like an overbite can cause a variety of issues, such as:
- Popping sound and pain in the jaw
- Sore face muscles
- Speech difficulties
- Problems properly chewing
- An increased risk of tooth decay, cavities, and broken teeth.
Overbite Correction Treatments
For Children and Teenagers
- Removal of baby teeth to make room for permanent teeth to grow in straight
- Growth modification device – helps to position the jaw
- Braces – move the teeth to correct the overbite as well as the jaw
- Retainers – a device used after braces that help to keep the teeth in place
- Braces – move the teeth to fix an overbite
- Teeth extraction – dentists try to avoid this procedure but will do this in very severe cases to allow the teeth to move
- Surgery – jaw problems for bone-type overbites can only be corrected with surgery for adults
Treating Overbites in Wantirna South
- Straighter teeth and better bite
- More attractive smile & improved facial appearance
- Healthier teeth and gums
It’s never too late to correct your bite and your smile!
To know more about the causes and effects of overbite on your oral health, visit your Wantirna South dentist today here at Dr Sachdeva’s dental clinic.
We offer high-quality solutions to various factors that affect your smile and the aesthetics of your teeth.
Convenient, Competent Care at Dr Sachdeva’s dental clinic
Dr Sachdeva’s dental clinic is located on Stud Road by Burwood Highway in Wantirna South. We are by public transport and offer free and convenient parking.
We offer late afternoon and early evening hours, as well as emergency treatment. You can reach us by phone or on our convenient online contact form.
If you want a dental surgery where the dentist takes time to find out your concerns and desires, and who makes decisions in consultation with you, our office is the best choice for you!
We know the difference a caring staff and relaxing atmosphere can make to your dental experience, and we always take the time to get to know our patients on a personal level.
We are located at 287 Stud Road in Wantirna South.