Keep your dental health on track!
Dental Health Week is on 3 – 9 August.
This year, the theme and dental health promotion is about “How much sugar is hiding in your trolley?”.
Dental Health Week is a yearly oral health campaign that aims to educate Australians about the importance of maintaining good oral health these four key messages:
- Brushing at least twice a day with a fluoride-containing toothpaste.
- Flossing between your teeth daily.
- Maintaining a healthy, teeth-friendly diet and limiting your sugary and acidic food consumption.
- Visiting the dentist for check-ups and preventive dental care.
Get Sugar Savvy in 2020
The primary focus of this year’s campaign is on the harmful effects of sugar on one’s oral health, aiming to help Australians ‘get sugar savvy’.
This includes the recommended daily sugar consumption levels, advice on checking food labels, and the effects of sugar on our teeth.
This information is supported by 3 main sugar messages:
- Avoid consuming foods and drinks with added sugars.
- Opt for foods with less than 10g of sugar per 100g.
- Check out hidden sugars when buying foods and beverages.
Making healthy choices while grocery shopping means making similar smart food and drink choices at home.
It may be tempting to think that everyone is practising good oral health, but the reality is, the oral health of many Australians is not in their optimal condition.
- Less than half of Australian adults have had visited a dentist for a dental check-up in the last 12 months.
- 53% of Australians brush their teeth once a day.
- Nearly 40% of Australians do not floss their teeth.
- 73% of young people consume too much sugar.
- 47% of adults consume too much sugar.
There are several different ways to access sugar information as part of Dental Health Week.
A visit to your trusted Wantirna South dentist is great for one-on-one advice where your questions can be answered.
Convenient, Competent Care at Dr Sachdeva’s dental clinic
Dr Sachdeva’s dental clinic is located on Stud Road by Burwood Highway in Wantirna South. We are by public transport and offer free and convenient parking.
We offer late afternoon and early evening hours, as well as emergency treatment. You can reach us by phone or on our convenient online contact form.
If you want a dental surgery where the dentist takes time to find out your concerns and desires, and who makes decisions in consultation with you, our office is the best choice for you!
Our technology is unsurpassed, including SNAP Dental Imaging Software and “One-stop” CEREC restoration. Our training is top-notch.
We know the difference a caring staff and relaxing atmosphere can make to your dental experience, and we always take the time to get to know our patients on a personal level.
Same-Day Dental Emergency Appointment Available in Wantirna South
We are located at 287 Stud Road in Wantirna South.