Nowadays, patients who want to get fillings have more options when it comes to natural-looking dental restorations. Modern dentistry has greatly improved through the years and one of its remarkable products is tooth-coloured fillings, also called composite fillings.
Composite fillings are the most basic type of white fillings, which consist of a particular resin as well as a light-sensitive agent. Today, these fillings are not only used on the front teeth, but can also be used on teeth at the back of your mouth. The materials of white fillings come in a variety of shades, and your dentist can match the colour to your own teeth.
Tooth Filling Procedure
- The first part of the procedure involves removal of decay, preparation of the tooth and conditioning of tooth enamel.
- The composite resin is then applied and bonded to the etched surface. The strength of the filling is improved with bonding.
- After placing the restoration, the resin is hardened by a special light for a specified period of time.
Benefits of White Fillings
- Requires little tooth preparation
- A conservative and non-invasive dental procedure
- Quick treatment providing long-lasting results
- Matches the natural colour of your l teeth
- Helps prevent further tooth damage
- Bonds and supports the remaining structure of the tooth
- Insulates the treated tooth from excessive temperature changes
After the Procedure
In most cases, you can go back to your normal eating routine right after the procedure. You may experience tooth sensitivity when consuming hot or cold foods for a few days, but experiencing it for more than a week is an extremely rare occurrence.
On a positive note, your tooth is back to normal after the treatment. Your tooth will still look natural in shape and size. This is because the white filling allows your tooth to blend in with the neighbouring teeth in your mouth.
White Fillings in Wantirna South
If your tooth has signs of dental decay, consult your Wantirna South dentist at Dr. Sachdeva’s Dental Surgery today to learn about the available treatment options. For decayed, chipped or cracked teeth, we may recommend composite fillings to restore the strength and shape of your teeth. To know if you are a good candidate for tooth fillings, visit us here at Dr. Sachdeva’s Dental Surgery.
Contact us on (03) 9800 2338 or simply book you appointment online.